Health: See Ten 10 Reasons why Your Environment should be kept Clean
Health: See Ten 10 Reasons why Your Environment should be kept Clean: A walk into the streets, and around the corners of our houses, drainages, and parks, will expose you a little to the damage done, to the environment. The ideas of our time are not healthy for the environment.
Industrial waste, used Cans and Tins, Sachet Water Bags, and other deadly wastes all littered recklessly, on the ground. A sad reality that society is yet to address. A leading cause of death not talked about.
Large plastic wastes are dumped in the forests, water bodies, and strategic locations. These plastics don’t decompose. Making it hard for forests and farmlands to recuperate
Pollution taking a toll on our health, if not managed within a short time, we may not end up spending more, on health-related challenges. A situation, no one is ready to afford.
Industrial and domestic wastes are commonly found on the streets, markets, drainage, and other sensitive parts of town, but the government has failed to address this.
No proper legislation to punish offenders and sanction companies
Waste Management in Africa
In many countries across Africa, waste is poorly managed. Poor funding in the waste management sector contributes to the escalating situation.
Our health depends on our environment, when the environment is dirty and unkept, the retaliatory effect, bounces on us. Society becomes sick and lives are cut short.
A visit to any hospital in sub-Saharan Africa shows that four out of ten cases are related to environmental hazards.
Malaria and typhoid fever, a leading cause of death, had killed hundreds of thousands and still counting, due to poor management of the environment.
In the Eastern and Central parts of the continent, the story is the same, waste is thrown in water bodies, forest areas, and drainage. There is no proper disposal or waste management plan.
Most African cities are not dirt-free. Even the skies are safe from emissions, leading to climate change.
Why should we make our Environment Habitable for our Very Existence?
Apparently, many see no use in making the environment clean, perhaps, no monetary benefit is attached. But the fact is that we spend more in hospital than we think.
- The Environment is our Natural Habitat: A man who destroys his home, has nowhere to live, would you destroy your home and stay in another man’s house? Or would you keep your home dirty and unkept and still live inside? Certainly No. Since we have no other planet to live on. We may be harming ourselves indirectly if we do otherwise.
- Prevention of Diseases: keeping your environment clean, is not just hygienic, it prevents disease outbreaks. In recent times, Africa had suffered from different epidemics. Mosquitoes spreading Malaria.
- Food Security: The environment produces the food we consume. If we litter our forests and farmlands with industrial and plastics waste. We may end up having a food crisis.
- We protect the environment for continued agricultural activities.
- Fresh Air and Clean Water: Fresh air and breathing with clean water bodies, are only possible through a clean environment. Water purity devoured by industrial waste is a sure way to maintain water safe
- Going Green: The ability of the environment to maintain its green nature is very much possible through a clean environment. Proper waste management and reduction of carbon emissions bring the green nature of our planet.
Guideline to Maintain Clean Environment
- Legislation: More laws should be enacted in protecting the environment, they must be strict enough to maintain, sustain and protect the environment.
- Strict Enforcement of Environmental Laws: Laws made must be strict, and enforced by the law enforcement agents; strict penalties should be meted out on defaulters.
- Proper Waste Management: There is proper funding from the local Waste Management Agency for effective and efficient service delivery.