N-power program is one of the Social Investment Programs (SIP) of the Buhari led administration; the largest in the continent of Africa, the program had empowered more than five hundred thousand (500,000) Nigerians.
300,000 are on the pipe come 2020. Established in 2016 with about two hundred thousand (200,000) volunteers, now boast of 500,000 volunteers as of 2019, batch A 2016 consist of 200,000 volunteers while batch B of 2017 had 300,000 volunteers.
The Npower program consist of N-health, N-agro, N-teach, N-tax, N-build, N-tech which encompasses of software and hardware, some volunteers of N-build have finished their training and are contributing their quota to nation building.
Volunteers voluntarily choose from the aforementioned programs, while some significant numbers of volunteers were taken to different programs for reasons best known to the officials of the program.
The buhari led government has promised to double the number to one million volunteers by the end 2023; this assurance came at a political campaign rally by the vice president, Professor Yemi Osibanjo.
Almost 8 million Applicants applied for 2017 Recruitment. Only 300, 000 Selected
The recruitment saw large numbers of applicants, struggling with few available slots. How can one make the final list? And what are the challenges one needs to prepare for?
The both Batches (2016 & 2017) came, with a lot of challenges and mistakes in the side of applicants, prospective applicants were disqualified for many reasons.
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is most likely one of the challenging hurdle to battle with, if applicants were to scale through the test segment of the program.
While some of the applicants Date-of-Birth in their Bank Verification Number (BVN) do not tally with the Date-of-Birth of their Bank Account Number (BAN), due to this, many applicants of 2017, batch B were disqualified.
How to be Selected and mistakes to Avoid
While there are NO automatic ways to make the final list, in the forthcoming 2020 recruitment, this article provides some help to prospective applicants who may be interested in the program, on how to scale through to the selection and final list without hitches.
To be selected:
- Applicants Date-of-Birth on Bank Verification Number MUST tally with the Date-of-Birth on the Bank Account used.
- Applicants Names on the Bank Verification Number MUST tally with the Names on the Bank Account Number.
- Applicants must possess certificates from high institutions (like Bsc,Hnd,Nd,Msc etc.) O’level is out of the equation.
- Applicants must write the mandatory test, the test encompasses questions drawn from different segments of the program.
- To be successfully shortlisted in the pre-selection stage, you must answer all the questions within a short time, preferably if you could use 5 minutes to answer 30 or more questions, the better your chances of being selected.
- Only 18 years of age and above are allowed to registered, the system will fetch out under aged or over aged applicants.
- N-power program is only for the unemployed graduates, civil servants both in the state and federal need not to apply as the system via BVN will expose them.
- When writing the mandatory test, candidates are advised to use desk top computers or laptops, Ipad or phones with good internet connection to avoid hitches.
- You are to proceed to device selection option and select your device immediately you finish you test.
- Applicants are to keep their registration/ application number secretly, it will be used for reference when occasion demand for it.
This article advises applicants to:
- Go for N-agro or N-teach, more people are needed than N-tax and N-health for the graduate category.
- For none graduates, go for creative, you have the opportunity to make the list than N-build. Also Seehttps://myeduproject.com.ng/n-power-recruitment-2020-see-details-and-reviews
The 2020 registration is yet to start, the portal is NOT opened for new registration, Always check on our site, and we will be the first to break the news, when recruitment starts.