The Federal Government has concluded plans to register new set of N-power volunteers; this was convened by the minister of Humanitarian affair, Disaster Management and Social development Mrs Sadiya Farouq Umar .
The programme which is the largest in Africa has so far empowered more than 500,000 persons. Plans to bring another 300,000 volunteers by 2020.
Npower has put smiles in the faces of thousands of Nigerians; many more are hoping to be recruited in to the programme.
With the rising rate of unemployment in the country, the government is wasting no time in addressing its mitigating effect. Thus creating opportunities for young and able youths
In this article, we shall tell you what you need to know about N-power, categories n-power is divided into, the requirements needed, npower call center, pre-selection stage, date for fresh recruitment, duration of the programme and many more.
The first three paragraphs of the article has given a preview of what the programme is, the main vision of N-power is to empower volunteers with the needed skills to create wealth for themselves and for the nation.
It seeks to reduce the number the unemployment in the country, by unfolding opportunities through skills acquisition.
Volunteers get to acquire skills, create their own jobs, employ others thereby adding value in the society they live.
Categories of N-power
N-power programme has different categories; this is possible to give volunteers option to choose their area of interest. More so, volunteers don’t have to force themselves but choose where suit them.
The programme is sub-divided into various categories
- Graduate Category
- This category involves volunteers or graduates with certificate in high institutions, like the University, Polytechnique, and Colleges of Education etc
- N-agro: Which specializes in agriculture, volunteers acquire skills in agricultural related fields like fisheries, farming, horticulture, forestry etc
- N-teach: Volunteers are placed in schools to teach the future leaders of tomorrow.
- N-health: Beneficiaries are placed in primary health centers, clinic, hospital etc to render health related services to the members of the public
- N-Tax: Volunteers are engaged in tax related services such as VAID, VAT etc
- N-community: Volunteers educate members of the community on trivial issues
- Non-Graduate Category
- These are volunteers with no or little formal education, they are engaged in
- N-creative: Volunteers are thought creative skills like comic, voice acting, etc
- N-build: It specializes in building technology and it application
- N-software and Hardware: Beneficiaries learn how to build and install software and hardware in computer and app related field.
Requirements needed to be qualified during Are:
Candidates applying for N-power must possess the following requirements:
- A certificate form any high institution of learning- Bsc, Hnd, Nce, Ond etc
- A functional and Active bank account
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- National Youth Service Corp discharge certificate
- Must be 18 and above
- Birth Certificate or declaration of age in any competent court of law
N-power call center
The N-power programme is design in such a way applicants or beneficiaries can easily contact call center, thereby accessing the needed information.
There call center has so many lines but few are online, you can get them via 09060000451. Also read: https://myeduproject.com.ng/the-impact-of-the-national-social-investiment-programme-on-the-economic-status-of-nigerian-graduates
There digital media contact includes Facebook, twitter etc
After writing the test, comes the pre-selection stage, applicants will be selected based on random sampling and permutation, at this stage, physical verification will be required.
All successful applicants shall be screened using their certificates as claimed. Only successful applicants would make the final list.
Any applicants found not with his/her certificates as claimed shall be disqualified and will not make the final list.
What we do know is that, the N-power site is NOT yet opened for new registration; applicants are advised to take heed not to fall scam.
When the site starts receiving new application, we will be the first to tell you. Please stay tune to this site for further details.
Duration of the programme
The N-power programme is not for eternity, it is subject to last for just 24 months. Batch A has exhausted her tenure of 24 months but is still in the programme due to plans the federal government has for them. This may not be so for Batch B.
Device Selection and Pick-up
All successful applicants shall be giving pin to access their portal; this portal contains their details of their information during registration.
All beneficiaries will be required to select their preferred devices (IPAD), as collection date will comes up.