US Job: Communications & Policy Advisor | $103,690 to $134,798 | Apply
US Job: Communications & Policy Advisor | $103,690 to $134,798 | Apply: The US Small Business Administration (SBA) in collaboration with the Office of Inspector General (OIG) is looking for suitable and qualified applicants for a role as the Communications & Policy Advisor to the US Federal Government
The US Federal Government is looking for suitable and qualified applicants as Communications & Policy Advisor in the Office of Inspector General (OIG). If you have what it takes to work as Communications & Policy Advisor, see the Responsibilities, Requirements Conditions of Employment
Responsibilities- Communications & Policy Advisor
Researches, drafts, and coordinates congressional testimony, statements for the record, briefing books, and discussion points to ensure that the OIG executives are fully knowledgeable of key issues and events and are prepared to represent OIG’s interest and policy.
Provides a full range of legislative and external affairs services coordinating the management of legislative and external affairs operations to ensure that requests for assistance from clients and stakeholders are responded to timely, accurately, and effectively.
Coordinates with division staff to formulate organization-wide policies and procedures to improve the operations of the OIG.
Ensures the IG and other Executive Staff are prepared to participate in a variety of forums and panels for high-interest councils, committees, and task forces, such as the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE).
Develops, analyzes, and prepares revisions to OIG policies, procedures, and practices required to implement new requirements and adapt to other changes impacting the OIG.
Works independently with stakeholders to ensure communication is consistent and reflects OIG’s strategic mission.
Requirements Conditions of Employment- Communications & Policy Advisor
You must be a U.S. Citizen.
You must successfully complete a background investigation. Candidates who do not respond to the background investigation request by the pre-determined due date will be disqualified.
You may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Candidates who are determined to be qualified for this position must complete an additional online assessment through Talent Plus. You must complete the Talent Plus Assessment within 48 work hours of being sent the email notification.
Due to COVID-19, the SBA is currently in an expanded telework status. If selected, you may be permitted to temporarily telework from a location outside the official duty station described in this announcement.
Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed in this announcement. At that time, you will be eligible to request telework in accordance with the SBA’s telework and office policies.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient evidence of the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of the position.
Therefore, we encourage you to submit a thorough resume that directly relates to this position.
One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector such as:
- organizes communication outreach efforts agency-wide;
- serving as a congressional and media relations advisor, to include compliance with congressional reporting and public website posting mandates;
- serving as a policy advisor charged with analyzing and evaluating complex issues to identify and develop policy solutions with organizational impact;
- coordinating with the Outreach and Policy Advisor and agency heads to formulate organization-wide policies and procedures to improve the operations of the office;
- performing a wide range of ongoing sensitive assignments, to include conducting complex special inquiries, projects and investigations;
- preparing and coordinating internal publications and special projects aimed at promoting internal communication and awareness to achieve the agency’s strategic goals; analyzing and evaluating program needs to advise officials of risks and internal control needs;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships internally and externally to advance the operational needs of a Presidentially-appointed Senate-confirmed official, or similar experience.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experiences, including volunteer experience.
Open & closing dates
07/29/2021 to 08/12/2021
Pay scale & grade
$103,690 to $134,798 per year