Dangote Group’s Recruitment – Safety Officer – Apply Here
Dangote Group’s Recruitment – Safety Officer – Apply Here: Dangote Group is known for its excellent business practices and quality products around the country. The institute has its headquarter in Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Dangote Group gives it product in various variety and forms around Nigeria, it has earned a reputation for its quality product. The institute is now offers vacancy for the position of a Safety Officer who will participate in the implementation of the DCP approved occupational safety program, analyzing and administering various components of the safety programs.
This article will give you all the information you need to apply.
Safety Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry).
Duties & Responsibilities:
*Candidate will establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organizations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
*Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
*Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
*Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
*Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
*Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
*Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
*Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
*Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
*Will support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
*Candidate will conduct periodic inspections of DCP Plants to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
*Candidate will be expected to Collect, analyze and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
*Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor, Safety.
- Applicant should have a first degree or its equivalent in Health Safety and Environmental Management or related discipline.
- Applicant should have a membership with relevant safety institute e.g. the Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals.
- Applicant should have a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills & Behaviours:
- Candidate should have the knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Candidate should have a lot of knowledge of safety regulations.
- Should be able to analyze an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Candidate should have the ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Candidate should have an excellent organizational skills.
- Should be good in oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate should have the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Candidate should have a high sense of responsibility and accountability.
*Private Health Insurance
*Paid Time Off
*Training and Development
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply
All interested and quality candidates should click the click below to apply for this position.