Administrative Assistant at World Health Organization (N12,007,619/Yr )
The World Health Organization (WHO) is pleased to announce to the general public, particularly to suitable and qualified persons, to fill the vacant position as Administrative Assistant at World Health Organization WHO
“Administrative Assistant at World Health Organization WHO Within the United Nations system, the World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating body for health.
It is in charge of setting the global health research agenda, establishing norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy alternatives, providing technical assistance to countries, and monitoring and assessing health trends.”
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days):
Dec 7, 2021, 9:52:30 AM
Dec 21, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules, and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide full administrative support to the WR’s office. Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor.
- Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required;
- Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, work with the travel unit to arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions;
- Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates, response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate;
- Using GSM, monitor aspects of the implementation of country activities, funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country workplan.
- Initiate and process different transactions in GSM, Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable).
- Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material; Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held in the country (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops Respond to and act on telephone enquiries in a timely manner.
- Assess the critical nature of technical issues and direct them to appropriate staff for reply, coordinate appointments for supervisor Establish and maintain a proper computerized information system on MOH and UN counterparts, WHO Collaborating Centers, etc. Brief colleagues on general office administrative process
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent supplemented by secretarial training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is an asset
Essential: At least10 years of progressive administrative experience
Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Program Management would be an asset. Experience in WHO/UN system
Knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures
Good filing and organizational skills.
Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts, and visitors.
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources;
Very good time management and stress management skills.
Knowing and managing yourself
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills:
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN12,007,619 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: