UNION BANK 2020/2021 RECRUITMENT: Application Portal Updates
Union Bank is looking for professionals, experts, resourceful and entrepreneurial individuals seeking to build an impact-full career in a challenging and rewarding environment for effective and efficient service delivery which the financial and banking environment can bring.
The culture is inclusive with a diverse workforce contributing to a simpler, smarter bank and a network of excellence.
In compliance with CBN’s Regulation 3, UBN is divesting of all non-core banking subsidiaries, which aligns with our core banking business model. Union Bank, United Kingdom (UBUK) will remain for the maim time the only subsidiary of the bank.
Union Bank is committed to the highest banking ethics and transparency in business. We implement best practices in corporate governance, and the Executive Management Team is accountable to our stakeholders and the general public.
We conduct regular reviews, details and submit reports as part of compliance with the Code of Corporate Governance for banks, as mandated by the apex bank of Nigeria (CBN).
In this article, we shall tell you:
- Needed experience
- Needed qualifications
- Skills required
- When the recruitment will commence
Applicants must possess and have experience on:
1 Oversight functions Credit: Review, ascertain and approval of advances and credit facilities within its limit, as well as credit applications for senior management and more. In addition
institutional policy change proposals reviews are carried out prior to presentation to the Board within a time limit.
2 Establishment and Services: Responsible for staff welfare and work-place relations, as well as policy formulation and implementation for strategy and succession processes. The appointment, promotions, demotions and discipline of senior management and above lies here.
3 Finance and General Purpose: Review and recommendation of the Bank’s accounts, budgets and all purchases amounting up to 30% of annual budget.
4 Credit Management: Monitoring of all credit risk related issues and detailed analyses of institutional risk management policies.
5 Independent Audit: Transparency as a Union Bank value is openly demonstrated with shareholder representatives given direct access to the external auditors with true and fair view of the financial position of the bank. 3 representatives are appointed at the Annual General Meeting or extra-ordinary meeting.
Job Title: Entry level, Senior Banking Adviser
Full/ Part Time: Full time
• Graduates with a minimum of a second class upper division from are known university acceptable to the bank.
• NYSC certificate and a maximum age of 24 years for Bachelor degree holders 26 years for lawyers with a degree in law (LLNB).
• Graduates with a minimum of a second class lower from a standard university acceptable to the bank or a Masters’ degree from top tier Universities known to the Bank and a maximum age of 26 years.
• Good first degree in any discipline. Relevant Masters’ degree will be a great advantage.
• Relevant experience in Corporate, Business or Commercial Banking with proven skills in business development, portfolio management and expansion and client acquisition and strategy.
• Minimum of 8-11 years’ experience applicable.
• Language: Must communicate effectively in English language.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Good products knowledge and orientation
• Excellent Customer Service / Relationship Management capabilities
• Excellent Marketing management / selling skill
• Strong strategic orientation and good inter personal relationship
• Good negotiation /presentation skills
• Knowledge & understanding of Credits risk management
• Good Oral & Written communication in English language
To apply login: [email protected] and complete the information there i