COMMUNITY POLICING Recruitment :Npower Volunteers to be used
COMMUNITY POLICING Recruitment: This page will guide you on all you need to know on the requirements, qualifications and up-to-date step-by-step process and procedure on the Nigeria Community police recruitment 2020
This recruitment is open to all qualified Nigerian Citizen, and will be based on the community one is presently in within the 36 states and Federal Capital city of Abuja. Candidate will be drawn from all over Nigeria based on merit.
Apparently, the number to be recruited is not clear and open to the public, but it is once proposed that 40,000 men and women will be needed to fill in the newly created security department.
Government planned using community police to bring policing closer to citizens whose lives and property are threatened by insecurity.
The Federal government proposed to recruits 40,000 men in the first face; this was contained in a statement by the minister of information lai Mohammed in 2019
Seemingly, there have been speculations that, the plan is to expand security network. These 400,000 men will serve as community security men or the much talked about state police.
These 40,000 Men may serve community police, and by community police the Federal Government seek importance of active partnership between the police, civil societies and other agencies of government work together in identifying and solving problems to improve the overall quality of life as whole and crime prevention in particular.
Update on the Recruitment
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) will oversee the recruitment of the community police officers in all the 36 states of the federation and FCT
However, successful candidates will further undergo screening and training to become special constables.
Core roles A Community Policing Officer will play are:
- To provide local but direct intel on security threat within remote communities and reporting back to Nigeria Police Force for counter intelligence.
- Reduce crime in the crimes in the community;
- Build up a wide system by which regular concerns can be adequately tended to
How to Obtain Community Police Registration Form
The community police registration form can collected and filled online, the Nigeria Police platform will be used to facilitate this process
The official address of the Nigeria Police Force to be used
You are to Login https://www.npf.gov.ng/ or https://psc.gov.ng/ . Once it is due for application. A quick reminder! At this time, the Nigeria community Police form is not out for registration. But what we do know is that, in no distant time, very soon, and in a couple of months, the form will be online for registration
You can book mark this page, or refresh and get up-to-date infor in this regard.
Candidate Eligible for Community Police Job Vacancies 2020
- First School Living Certificate (FLSC).
- Certificate of Origin.
- Valid means of identity e.g; National ID card or Voters Card (PVC).
- Birth certificate obtains only from the NPOPC (National Population Commission) or, a valid age declaration
- Letter of engagement from N-Power, that is for NPower beneficiaries/volunteers.
- SSCE/GCE result/certificate with credit in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings.
- NYSC Discharge Letter or Exemption Letter
Important Information to Note:
- The recruitment exercise, deployment and shortlisting will be done based on the residential area and local government locations of candidates since local intelligence will be used in evaluating and sourcing security issues.
- Enrollment and general shortlisting will be community based.
- No one knows if the N-power volunteers in their current place of primary assignment would facilitate and compliment this plan, but from all indication, strength would be drawn from the N-power volunteers
- Police officers will be supervised and controlled by Nigeria Police Officers.
- A handful number of Community Police officers will be taken from N-power volunteers,
Would N-power volunteers chosen for this Job?
Apparently, we are not too sure of this but we are optimistic that, n-power beneficiaries will be picked, this is because:
- The community police option appeared in the transition ICON in the NPVN portal, meaning that some persons will be picked from it.
- N-power Volunteers are already trained in their place of Primary Assignment, little or no training is training would be required.
- Volunteers are chosen from their local community, they know their community better. Related https://myeduproject.com.ng/n-power-device-selection-see-four-best-devices-you-should-consider
- Volunteers’ are young and vibrant
- The N-power consist of men and women from the nation’s higher institutions of learning
- Volunteers’ details are already in the data bank of N-power (Federal Government), no need for documentations and verification.
- Related https://myeduproject.com.ng/update-on-community-policing-2020-2021